1. A Poker Run is not a race. At no time during a poker run
will racing occur between/among participants.
2. Each participant must have in force valid and sufficient
liability insurance for the boat and crew.
3. Attendance on time at Driver's Meeting for Driver and/or
Navigator is mandatory. Undivided attention by Driver and Navigator
is essential at Driver's Meeting.
4. Roll call will be taken at the start of the Driver's Meeting
and must be answered at that time by the Driver and/or Navigator.
5. Absolutely no alcohol to be consumed by anyone on board,
or visible on board, during the day of the event until the boat
is tied up for the evening following the event.
6. Everyone on board must be capable of passing a 0.08 alcohol
breathalyser test if required during the event.
7. Every boat must comply with current USCG / CCG construction
and safety requirements and carry on board the required USCG
/ CCG safety equipment.
8. USCG / CCG approved life vests must be worn by everyone on
board at all times when the boat is in motion during the event.
High Impact (lifeline style) jackets are recommended for faster
boats. "Fanny Pouch" type jackets / vests are not
9. Fuelling procedures must be in accordance with current USCG
/ CCG / State / Local regulations.
10. Official colored event identification stickers must be attached
to the boat and must be visible from the upper sides of the
11. All poker run participants including passengers and crew
must wear identification wristbands at all times.
12. Participants, including all passengers and crew on the boat,
must sign the official event liability waiver.
13. The Pace Boat(s) must not be passed or "crowded"
at any time when "pacing" with flag(s) showing.
14. A safe clearance must be maintained at all times between
boats while in motion. This clearance distance is recommended
as a minimum radius of 200 feet around each boat.
15. Ignition safety tethers must be in working condition and
suitably attached while the boat is in motion.
16. Communications with the telephone network via cell phone
and with other boats via VHF radio must be on board and in working
17. Flag signals from pace boat(s), marshal boat(s), and other
official event boats must be understood and obeyed at all times.
18. At least one person on board (and preferably everyone) must
wave their arms overhead to signal to other participant boats
the intention of slowing down and/or coming down off plane.
19. A running lane must be chosen and adhered to. Changing lanes
or direction must be done only when it can be done safely and
after checking that it is safe to do so. You must not "cut
off" other boats, or be the cause of emergency reaction
on the part of other boats.
20. No one may sit and/or lie on top of a seat or sunpad while
the boat is on plane.
21. First time poker run participants agree to start at the
very back of the assigned and/or chosen starting group for every
start of the event, and further agree to run at the back of
the assigned and/or chosen group for the entire event.
22. Insurance regulations require that any vessel carrying a
legal minor (18 years of age or younger in most jurisdictions)
must stay at the back of the pack and not exceed 80 mph at any
time during the event. A special waiver must be signed by the
minor's Guardian with the Event Organizer at registration.
23. DISOBEYING OR BREAKING ANY OF THE ABOVE RULES, AND/OR
ANY ADDITIONAL RULES OUTLINED AT THE DRIVER'S MEETING SPECIFIC
TO THE EVENT, WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE EVENT.